Ladakh is the new sexy in the world of modern day travel aficionados. In the lap of the nature, amid the placid hills, a trip to Ladakh is now everyone’s bucket list.
And oh boy!!! Do I need to mention the amazing adrenaline rush while you are out there in a self-drive Ladakh tour?
There you are, all pumped up into your vehicle, whirling around the corners of the terrain, embracing the rare beauty and tranquility altogether. There are reasons why people are now going crazy when someone brings the topic of “Self-drive Ladakh road trip” on the table.
On paper, the self-drive Ladakh tour sounds amazing. But, if you don’t plan smartly, it will turn into a panic and disaster within a blink of an eye. All beauty and serenity of the remote, mysterious Ladakh will go out of the window and you will be cooped within your car.
So, before you plan your dream self-drive Ladakh Road Trip, keep this blog right before eyes and take every single item that we mention here. The items that we have referred here have been hand-picked after discussing with the seasoned travelers who know the nook and corner of Ladakh and of course the challenges like at the back of their hand.
For Your Vehicle:
For self-drive trips, your vehicle will be the most instrumental part of your tour. Have a look at our list to give it best preparation for the dream tour of your life-
Let’s make it ready block by block –
Puncture Repair & Battery Issues:
- Basic Toolkit including Jack & Spanner
- Air Compressor & Foot pump. Go for the metal version.
- Puncture Repair Kit including Tube patches
- Puncture Sealant Kit. It will save you when there is no other
- option is left
- Hydraulic Jack
- Spare Tyre in addition to Stepney
- Spare Tube
- Tyre Removing Lever
- Spare Tyre Valves
- Valve Tube Removing Key
- Jump Start Cables
- Jump Start Battery Bank
Fuel Issues & Refills
- 1-2 Jerry Cans / Coke Bottles to carry extra fuel
- 10 Feet Pipe useful to transfer fuel from one vehicle to another
- Funnel for transferring fuel
Stuck in Water Crossings, Slush or Mud:
- Tow Away Rope or Cable approx. 4-6 ton Capacity
- Shovel. Because, you never know when your car gets stuck
- Long Stick / Iron Rod
- Tarpaulin for Carrier & Engine
- Small Hammer
Windshield Issues & Patch Up Work:
- Colin or your favorite windshield cleaner
- Old newspaper for cloths for windshield cleaning
- Alternative wipers in case original ones get broken
- Adhesive Tapes. Take both the double sided & insulation tape
- along with the M-seal and Quick Fix / Fevi-Quick
Spare parts for your vehicle:
- Headlight Bulbs
- Coolant & Engine Oil
- Clutch Cable
- Accelerator Cable
- Air Filter
Other Multi-purpose items:
- Swiss Knife or any cutter of your choice
- Screwdriver Set
- Spare Assorted Nuts & Bolts
- DC to AC Inverter
- Torchlight. Basic but of immense help
- Fire Extinguisher
Plenty of Drinking Water and Snacks/Dry Fruits. Will save your life
Every trip at Ladkah is worthwhile. The list that is provided here will hopefully help you to have a memorable self-drive experience in Ladakh.
Ladakh is a dream destination. A self-drive trip at the heart of divine Ladakh will shed all the mundane stress, anxieties and dirt from your life. Plan your tour with this and enjoy your Ladakh trip to the brim.
Wish you a safe and beautiful journey from the entire team of Top Five Buzz. Go there, explore it and share your travel memories with us.
Have we missed anything that you want to add in the list or you are hungry for more information, feel free to share your thoughts now before you let your brakes free on the way to Ladakh.